Bird Life - Canvas
This didn't turn out how I wanted it to turn out... however I think I'll try again & do another version of this another time to see if I can get it better.
I wanted to use some texture paste ( never used it before ...)
so I plonked a very small amount on here to see how would work... all the beads have stuck on well & hey this stuff is brilliant. Adds texture -like it says on the tin.. great for 'cementing ' things on to the canvas & I think I'm going to have a go soon at stamping in it & see what that turns out like...I 'm in the process of working on another canvas & so far I've added some shells in this paste & they've stuck fast & not yet fallen off... Lets see when I've finished it!
Any way for this practice -
Materials I used :
Small square white canvas
Blue Acrylic paints
Inca Gold paint
Thin gold coloured metal for the bird
Paper Artsy die
Small bird feather
What I did..
- Painted the canvas front & sides with two shades of blue paint. Left it a while for the paint to dry.
- Added some ripped up pieces of bird printed tissue paper & stuck onto canvas front & sides with multi medium. Again left it to dry.
- Added some texture paste with a small palette knife in top left & bottom right hand corners of canvas & added the beads/foilage /feather whilst still wet so they stick in to the paste.
- Allowed paste to dry overnight -The next day added more blue paint to cover the white of the texture paste which now has dried solid.
- Die cut the bird with thin metal -embossed slightly round the edge of the bird & embossed the eye on the reverse side of the metal & attached it to the canvas with silicon glue.
- Finished off with dabbing randomly some Inca Gold paint over the canvas.
Thank you to everyone for all your lovely comments , made on my blog - Carole xxx